Jeff Priess specializes in providing the unique accounting needs of school districts, municipalities and other governmental entities. Jeff has conducted audits of these groups, as wells as consultative services. Jeff has over 30 years of experience in Minnesota school district finance, serving most recently as the Executive Director of Business Services at Robbinsdale Area Schools, prior to joining the MMKR team.
To ensure he stays current with the latest in accounting practices, Jeff receives at least 40 hours annually of continuing professional development, focusing on governmental auditing standards and Minnesota school district finance. This training is added to the 30+ years of work experience and a Bachelor of Science (Accounting) degree from the University of Wisconsin, River Falls.
Jeff has provided MMKR clients with the following services, among several others:
- Audits of school districts, municipalities, and other governmental entities
- Assistance to municipalities, and school districts in obtaining and retaining the GFOA and ASBO
- Certificates of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Consulting services-School district levies, budgeting, reporting
Professional Memberships and Activities
Jeff is an active member in the following professional organizations and volunteer organizations:
- Minnesota School Business Officials (MASBO)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)