Katie Cortes works extensively with closely-held businesses meeting the unique accounting needs of construction, manufacturing, distribution, commercial, and nonprofit organizations. She specializes in financial reporting systems, fund accounting, and accounting and attest services. Katie works closely with business owners and accounting personnel in all aspects of daily operations, providing clients with financial services such as auditing, accounting, and tax preparation.
To ensure she stays current with the latest in accounting practices, Katie receives at least 40 hours annually of continuing professional education to enhance her knowledge base in the continually changing business environment. Katie graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Metropolitan State University.
Katie provides staff and clients with a resource for accounting and audit issues in the following service areas:
- Assurance services of closely-held construction, manufacturing, distribution, commercial and nonprofit companies
- Assistance to commercial and small businesses with their audit and accounting processes
- Accounting and bookkeeping services for closely-held companies
Professional Memberships and Activities
Katie is an active member in the following professional organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)