The financial management of local governmental units has never been a more challenging or critical task than it is today. The growing complexity of governmental reporting and compliance issues, a heightened demand for public accountability, and the constant budgetary pressure to do more with less have significantly increased the demands on local government business officials. To effectively address these issues, it's important to have a professional relationship with an accounting firm that offers expert services dedicated to this complex field.
MMKR specializes in serving the governmental sector. This experience provides us with a thorough understanding of this unique environment, and ensures that our clients receive expert solutions that consider the latest developments in governmental accounting and legislation. Our partners and staff have the specialized knowledge and experience necessary to deliver high-quality services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
In addition to traditional audit and accounting services, MMKR offers a wide range of customized services specifically tailored to meet the needs of our governmental clients.
- Revenue projections
- Budget development and review
- Implementation of governmental accounting
- Cash flow projections
- Grant compliance and reporting
- Utility rate studies
- Internal control evaluations
- Operational reviews and work flow analysis
- Tax increment compliance and reporting
- Debt service funding plans
- Financial recovery plan development
- Fraud investigation
- Truth-in-taxation presentations
- Construction project analysis
- Contract negotiation support
- Fund and accounts restructuring
- Bank and investment accounts restructuring
- Student activity account reviews
- Special legislation consulting and support
- Key financial position candidate evaluation
- Accounting systems selection and implementation
These are only a few of the services we offer, which have proven invaluable to numerous Minnesota municipalities and school districts. MMKR's governmental services have also benefited special education cooperatives, charter schools, police and fire relief associations, governmental joint ventures, commissions, municipal utilities, liquor operations, and golf courses.