Thomas Montague started his career in 1976. With his professional accounting experience, he has dedicated his practice to serving closely held and owner managed companies. The breadth of Tom's experience extends to a variety of commercial and nonprofit industries, which offers his clients knowledgeable service from inception through ownership transitions. Clients can depend on Tom's expertise and his network of trusted Twin Cities professionals, including attorneys, bankers, investment advisors and insurance agents, to meet their complete financial well-being. Prior to joining MMKR, Tom served as a managing partner at a Minneapolis-based accounting firm and brings that experience not only to his firm but to his clients.
Tom earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the University of Minnesota.
Tom provides MMKR's clients with a mix of consultative and financial services.
- Reviews and designs internal controls and accounting systems
- Projects and analyzes cash flow
- Designs and implements costing systems
- Lease versus buy analyses
- Compliance issues relating to HUD and state regulatory agencies
- Delivers tax and accounting services tailored to companies in real estate, service, manufacturing, and construction industries
- Individual income tax and estate tax planning
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)