Join Our Team
MMKR is a midsize firm located minutes from downtown Minneapolis that services clients in a wide range of industries. We are committed to living up to our company vision on a daily basis. We dedicate ourselves to providing exceptional service. Our firm provides its members with a friendly and rewarding environment that promotes professionalism and personal career growth.
We believe that we offer more than a standard certified public accounting firm. We are known as much for our personable services, as for our excellent technical talents as certified public accountants. We pride ourselves on our diverse client base and variety of services, which provides a broad array of career opportunities for professional associates.
Malloy, Montague, Karnowski, Radosevich, and Co., P.A. (MMKR) seeks motivated candidates who are focused, hardworking, conscientious, trustworthy, and reliable, as we believe these qualities are consistent with our partners and current professional staff.
Once hired, employees are trained through in-house and external training sessions to continue the education that they have worked so hard to build. Our partners have an open door policy, encouraging employees to ask questions to continue to grow as a professional. As a new hire you can expect to experience various auditing, tax, attest, and non-attest services in a variety of commercial industries and governmental entities. We truly feel this variety of experience is important and extremely valuable for an individual in the accounting profession, as the experience can further direct individuals to their desired career in public accounting.
The partners of MMKR believe the development of staff through internal mentorship, advancement, and promotions are essential parts of the overall company philosophy. As professionals we spend much of our lives working and building our careers, so at MMKR we stress the importance of having an environment in which each employee is part of the team, truly enjoys coming to work each day, and putting their best foot forward for the common good of the firm.
We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
MMKR is seeking audit professionals who aspire to a career in public accounting. Responsibilities could include governmental auditing and other accounting services for a variety of clients located in the Twin Cities seven county metropolitan area. Successful candidates should have successfully completed a 4-year accounting degree, and have or be working towards earning their CPA credentials. Ideal candidates should be: 1) proficient with reconciliation and journal entry processes, 2) detail-oriented, 3) organized, 4) excellent communicators, and 5) proficient with technology. Positions offer competitive pay, great benefits, flexible working environment, limited travel, and opportunity for advancement.
Experienced Tax and Audit Professionals
MMKR is seeking experienced tax and audit professionals who aspire to a career in public accounting. Responsibilities could include auditing, tax consulting, and other accounting services for a variety of clients located in the Twin Cities seven county metropolitan area. Successful candidates should be CPAs with 3-5 years of recent tax and/or audit experience at a public accounting firm. Ideal candidates should be: 1) proficient with reconciliation and journal entry processes, 2) detail-oriented, 3) organized, 4) excellent communicators, and 5) proficient with technology. Positions offer competitive pay, great benefits, flexible working environment, limited travel, and opportunity for advancement.
MMKR is seeking entry-level tax and audit professionals who aspire to a career in public accounting. Responsibilities could include auditing, tax consulting, and other accounting services for a variety of clients located in the Twin Cities seven county metropolitan area. Successful candidates should have successfully completed a 4-year accounting degree and be working towards earning their CPA credentials. Ideal candidates should be: 1) proficient with reconciliation and journal entry processes, 2) detail-oriented, 3) organized, 4) excellent communicators, and 5) proficient with technology. Positions offer competitive pay, great benefits, flexible working environment, limited travel, and opportunity for advancement.
Small Business Consultant
- Assist clients in maintaining records of financial transactions through consulting on establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Assist clients through consulting on the development of systems to account for financial transactions via an established chart of accounts and defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Assist clients in maintaining subsidiary accounts by analyzing allocations and posted transactions.
- Assist clients in balancing subsidiary accounts through recommended reconciling entries.
- Assist clients in maintaining general ledgers and subsidiary account summaries.
- Assist clients in balancing general ledgers through consulting on preparation of a trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Assist client with account reconciliations.
- Assist client in maintaining historical records through consulting on document retention policies.
- Assist with preparation of financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assist with client compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements including:
- Payroll tax reporting (Forms W2, 940, 941, 945, state withholding)
- Sales tax reporting (various states)
- Form 1096/1098/1099 reporting
- Business tax filings (mainly Forms 1065, 1120S, 1120)
- Assist with various levels of financial statement preparation based on information provided by clients.
- Other client consulting tasks that may be requested.
Bookkeeper Qualifications / Skills:
- Understanding of accounting systems/processes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dealing with complexity
- Data entry skills
- In-depth understanding of adjusting journal entries
- Efficient in account reconciliations
- Attention to detail and organization
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Ability to manage multiple clients at one time
- Ability to meet established deadlines (both client established and government imposed)
- Strong written and oral communication
- Proficient in computer skills/applications
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Two-year Associate degree in accounting plus relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA is a plus
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
- Experience in working with a variety of legal entities is a plus
- QuickBooks experience preferred
All candidates for above positions should submit a cover letter, resume, references, and transcripts via one of the following methods:
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Fax to (952) 545-0569 or
- Mail to MMKR, Attn: Kalen Karnowski, 5353 Wayzata Boulevard, Suite 410, Minneapolis, MN 55416
Full-time or Part-time (24–40 hours per week based on seasonal demands)
Established, local CPA firm seeks an administrative assistant to join a team that supports an office of 30 individuals. The administrative assistant is vital to the firm and performs a role which requires poise, professionalism, attention to detail, and the drive to perform in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment. This individual also needs to be willing to perform whatever duties are deemed required to support business operations. A flexible schedule is essential during varied busy times throughout the year, including the ability to work occasional evenings and Saturdays.
- Type, proofread, and assemble (paper and electronic) financial statements
- Scan documents and save to appropriate location
- Import and save all documentation received from client portal
- Final processing and assembly of client tax returns.
- Prioritize workflow and deadlines within the administrative team
- Maintain product processes to the greatest level of accuracy in order to maintain integrity of the product
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, create efficiencies, and save time and money
- Support and assist team members with general office-related needs
- Provide a welcoming and helpful experience to all visitors, clients and team members in person, by phone and by email
- Miscellaneous general office tasks as assigned
- Backup to receptionist
- Opportunity exists to expand responsibilities in other areas of the firm
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Prefer previous administrative assistant experience; experience of a similar nature in a public accounting firm is a plus
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (specifically Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated knowledge of business grammar and expert proofreading skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn new computer programs or experience using programs such as ProSystem Fx Tax and Engagement
- Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude
- Capability of working in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, if eligibility requirements are met, to include health, dental, life, long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays, and 401k retirement savings program. To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.