Rachel McQuiston specializes in meeting the unique accounting and auditing needs of school districts, municipalities, and other governmental entities. Rachel has conducted audits of these groups, including those required for their associated federal financial assistance programs. Rachel has also conducted commercial audits and compiled tax returns.
Rachel graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in accounting from St. Mary's University in Winona, with summa cum laude graduation honors. To ensure she stays current with the latest in accounting practices, Rachel receives at least 40 hours annually of continuing professional education, a portion of which are focused on government auditing standards.
Rachel has provided MMKR clients with the following services, among several others:
- Audits of school districts, municipalities, and other governmental entities, in addition to the auditing required for their federal financial assistance programs
- Assistance in the development of audit manuals for municipalities, school districts, fire relief associations, and federal financial assistance programs
- Assistance to municipalities and school districts in obtaining and retaining the GFOA and ASBO Certificates of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Assistance with the implementation of new accounting and financial reporting standards
- Various commercial audits and tax returns
Professional Memberships and Activities
Rachel is an active participant in the following professional organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Minnesota Chapter of Government Finance Officers Association (MnGFOA)
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials (MASBO)