Zeke Johnson has specialized in providing accounting and auditing services for governmental and nonprofit organizations and industries. He specializes in meeting the unique needs of school districts, municipalities, and other governmental entities. Zeke has conducted many audits of these groups, including those required for their associated federal financial assistance programs. Zeke has also conducted commercial audits and compiled tax returns.
To ensure he stays current with the latest in accounting practices, Zeke receives at least 40 hours annually of continuing professional education, a significant portion of which is focused on government auditing standards. This training is added to an educational foundation of Zeke’s Bachelor of Arts in Accounting with a Minor in Finance from the University of Minnesota, Duluth. Zeke graduated with distinction.
Zeke has provided MMKR clients with the following services, among several others:
- Annual audits of Minnesota school districts, municipalities, and various other governmental entities
- Audits of federal financial assistance programs of Minnesota school districts, municipalities, and various other governmental entities
- Assists city clients to obtain and retain Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Assists school district clients to obtain and retain Association of School Business Officials (ASBO) International Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Assistance in the development of audit manuals for cities, school districts, fire reliefs, and federal financial assistance programs
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials (MASBO)
- Association of School Business Officials (ASBO)